Central Oregon Irrigation District has 1 (one) position posted at this time.
Posting Date: October 14, 2019
Open Position: Full Time Accounting Assistant
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Perform a variety of accounting activities related to the receipt and payment of money; computes, classifies, records and reconciles transactions into the District’s financial systems. Checks transactions to locate and resolve discrepancies. Applies a working knowledge of applicable laws, policies and regulations. Provide customer service and assist patrons.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Administer the financial components of the District’s software.
- Manage annual assessments and payments in the system.
- Manage delinquent assessment collections which includes issuing appropriate notices to the patron and filing liens or other legal documents as required in coordination with the District’s legal counsel.
- Prepare journal entries as necessary to record water right transaction data.
- Manage Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Assist the front desk.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma, or equivalent, plus a minimum one (1) year of experience in clerical fiscal record keeping or bookkeeping or a combination of training, education, and experience that is equivalent to the employment standard listed above and that provides the required knowledge and abilities.
Must demonstrate the following competencies:
- Knowledge of bookkeeping practices, techniques and terminology
- Ability to use Microsoft applications including Excel and Word
- Ability to use accounting software
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division to make simple calculations accurately
- Ability to operate a computer, calculator and other office equipment accurately and quickly
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Ability to accurately file and retrieve records
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to understand oral and written instructions
- Ability to work independently within general guidelines
- Possess excellent time management skills and ability to efficiently prioritize work tasks
- Ability to establish an effective working relationship with other employees and with District patrons
- Ability to handle stress and work in stressful situations
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org